Innovation Team Director: US, France, Singapore
Position: Innovation Team Director / Sensing & Detection
Location: (Flexible) Batesville, Indiana, US; Cary, North Carolina, US; Pluvigner, France; Singapore
Vacancy listed by: Kelly OCG
Kelly OCG are advertising on behalf of this Fortune 1000 Healthcare company, provider of medical technologies and related services for the health care industry, for an Innovation Team Director in Sensing and Detection.
The role is responsible for the development, execution, and management of a strategic investment portfolio to include internal and external programs to develop critical technologies, followed by execution of product technology development and commercialisation partnerships. Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Establishing the Innovation program portfolio consisting of internal R&D efforts, our funded University research programs, and joint development efforts with strategic partners, including industry, government funding agencies, and non-profits.
- Establishing a milestone-driven culture and ensuring execution of innovation program portfolio to meet strategic objectives and interim milestones and deliverables.
- Working with Global Product Management to initiate concept development as early-stage innovation programs mature
- Coordinating efforts to develop appropriate terms and conditions for research conducted with outside groups
- Providing R&D direction that will result in building a pipeline of key technologies including: Product/ Technology Mapping and Integration, Innovation / Ideation, and Open Innovation. Ensure key Innovation team talent is hired and developed to meet business needs.
- Working with R&D platform groups on a global basis.
- Screening all incoming technology proposals and respond to inventors, companies, and suppliers which are interested to partner with HRC. Individual will also maintain a tracking pipeline of these proposals and ensure that HRC has responded to these external parties in a timely and respectful fashion.
- Supporting Business Development in screening and selecting new ideas and technologies which are submitted internally and externally to the company.
- Developing and supervising an internal R&D team, as needed, to execute Innovation programs - Influence, through indirect management, the individuals and teams who also support later-stage Innovation projects and initiatives as well as commercialisation activities in other functional and commercial organisations.
- Managing external program execution through appropriate tracking and operating mechanisms
Requirements and Education:
- BS engineering degree plus eight years minimum relevant experience, or MS plus five years minimum relevant experience, or equivalent by combination of education and work experience. Masters in Technology Management or relevant technical and business experience driving a broad array of technologies into products and services is a plus.
- Individual should have a demonstrated track record for quickly adding value by assimilating/ commercialising new technologies into existing product portfolios.
- Creative, self-motivated individual with high performance standards.
- Change agent - experience driving continual progress in optimising use of new technologies and influencing decision makers.
- Background in the development of globally deployed medical products- preferably for minimally-invasive sensing and therapeutic applications.
- Experience working with new technologies and bringing them to commercialisation or project termination due to inability to prove feasibility.
- Demonstrated success in developing relationships with external groups including University research teams, strategic corporate partners, start-up companies, funding agencies, and/or professional societies.
- Experience working with and developing technology roadmaps
For more information, email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org