Materials Engineer: Limoges, France (DisaSolar)
Location: Limoges, France
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Vacancy listed by: DisaSolar
DisaSolar is seeking a motivated, hands-on R&D engineer with a variety of materials skills and in-depth knowledge to work on an European collaborative research project.
The candidate will conduct R&D work on organic photovoltaic devices. Primary responsibilities include:
- To execute the European project and keep it on schedule, scope and within budget
- Ink formulation, process development and fabrication of organic photovoltaic cells
- Process optimisation for solar cell efficiency improvement
- Material and module characterisation
- To report results on a weekly basis
- To work closely with the European partners to ensure the timely and successful delivery of the project.
- Master degree in Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science or Engineering with a first experience ideally in organic electronics
- Knowledge of processing techniques (thin-film deposition techniques), equipment and materials properties in relation to process development
- Knowledge in organic electronic, conjugated polymers, printed electronics or semiconductor physics a plus
- Familiarity working in a clean room or controlled environment
- Fluency in English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to approach and report on tasks in a structured manner
- Ability to work independently, manage and plan/prioritise workload and effectively manage time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
DisaSolar was created in 2008 and is specialised in flexible photovoltaics. It is a subsidiary of the group DisaTech/Megamark/Glimma, which employs 220 people and has a turnover exceeding €45 million.
The group is expert in signage (printing, integration and deployment) and is a leader in providing innovative solutions to customers for visual communication.
DisaSolar develops, distributes and installs the second-generation of flexible photovoltaics (CIGS and thin film) for its clients in areas of signage, transportation and building, and is getting ready for the launch of the third-generation of photovoltaics: organic solar cells.
Following the starting-up of an activity on the distribution of market products, the company has now entered a second phase with a significant acceleration of its industrial project, which is the fabrication of low-cost printed organic solar cells on flexible substrates.
For this DisaSolar has embarked on collaborations with different partners as the CEA and the CNRS, which are very well recognised in the area of photovoltaics.
For more information email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com or call +33 141 586 959 for more information.